Marine Wiring Components
The Marine Industry is currently worth £19 Billion to the UK economy. The government has launched a number of initiatives to enhance the global competitiveness of the British marine business secotr.
Segmentation of the industry
- Leisure Boats & Equipment – covering yacht building, small commercial work boats and associated equipment & services.
- Commercial – covering boat building, ship repair and associated equipment and services, marine science and technology.
- Energy – covering related platforms, products and services for the oil and gas and offshore renewable industries.
- Naval defence.
Products that are used in this market are very wide ranging and invlude:
- Heat Shrinkable Tubing/RNF100/PLF100/LTF100/PLF103
- Heat Shrinkable Adhesive Lined tubing/ATUM/PLDW100/PLDW104
- Medium Wall Tubing/MWTM/PLM100A
- Heavy Wall Tubing/WCSM/PLT100A
- Molded Boots
- Identification Sleeving
- Marker Sleeves
- Cable Entry Seal
- Solder Sleeves, Crimp Sleeves
- Crimp Terminals
- Heat Shrinkable End Caps
- Heat Shrinkable moisture blocking systems/RBK-ILS/Deray-Splice/DSPL
- Waterblocked and anticapillary wire to prevent wicking between moisture strands
- Bundle sealing products