ATUM 4:1 is a 4:1 shrink ratio, general purpose, flexible, polyolefin tubing with a thermoplastic adhesive inner liner. The inner liner will melt and flow to environmentally seal and protect components and interconnections.
The Raychem brand of heat shrinkable sleeving (now owned by TE Connectivity) is world renowned as the market leading product. These products are the standard bearer and offer the best performing and highest quality product available. The ATUM 4:1 product is supplied with the optimum amount of adhesive to ensure that the product fully seals and successful installation should see some excess adhesive wicking from the tube. This is a telltale sign that the product has a complete seal. There are many cheaper and inferior products available, but none of these have the same amount of adhesive or perform to the same level.
Undoubtedly, this product is ‘The King’ of the glue lined heat shrink products.
Features & Benefits
- 4:1 shrink ratio allows for connector-to-cable sealing.
- Operating Temperature: -55ºC to 110ºC
- Dielectric Strength: 12KV/mm
- Medium wall provides increased mechanical protection.
- Adhesive bonds to a wide variety of plastics, rubbers and metals including polyethylene, aluminium, steel and copper.
- Environmentally seals and protects a wide variety of electrical applications.
- High expansion ratio for cable jacket repair without removing connectors.
- Strain relief and mechanical protection
|Ordering Description||Minimum ID Supplied (mm)||Maximum ID Recovered (mm)||Recovered Wall Thickness (mm)||Standard Spool Size (m)|
|GeneralInstallation temperatureLongitudinal change||110°C+0% -15%|
|ElectricalDielectric strength||12 kV/mm minimum|
|ThermalHeat ageingLow temperature flexibility||168 hours at 150°C 4 hours at 225°C 4 hours at -55°C|
|FlammabilityFire hazard||Duration of burning 60s max to ASTM D2671 (jacket only, not including transparent)|
|ChemicalFluid resistance||At 23°C for 24 hours for the following fluids:F-54 diesel fluidH-515 hydraulic fluidO-149 lubricating oil|
|Specifications||AMS-DTL-23053/4 Cl 3 (colours only)UL E85381RoHS Compliant|