D-406 Duraseal® Butt Splices TE Connectivity / Raychem / Tyco
£36.00 – £54.00 (incl. VAT)
DuraSeal® Heat-Shrinkable, Environmentally Sealed, Nylon Insulted Crimp Splices.
The D-406 DuraSeal® series of butt crimp splices are manufactured from a tin-plated copper alloy base metal, heat shrinkable radiation crosslinked polyamide (nylon) with a polyamide based hot melt adhesive liner.
Features & Benefits
- Protects splices from water, condensation, salt, and corrosion
- Provides strain relief
- Protects against vibration in rugged environments
- Completely insulates and protects electrical connections
- Has adhesive lining for protection that is more reliable than conventional splices
- Automotive/truck wiring repair and maintenance
- Automotive accessory installations
- OEM automotive/truck/RV wire harness fabrication
- Marine electronics
- Fleet maintenance
- Commercial wiring (pumps/pools/spas)
The D-406 series splice can be used to obtain an environment-resistant one-to-one in-line (butt) splice in wires meeting the size range and diameter restraints specified. Wires are to be stripped per table, inserted into opposite ends of the crimp barrel. The sleeve must be heated along its entire length until the crimp marks are gone and the ends of the sleeve recover onto the wires.
D-406-0001, D-406-0002, D-406-0003